Many of our old church’s treasurers can still be seen in the new church. Our painted stained- glass windows, called art glass, tell the story of Christ from the Nativity to the Resurrection. Some were made in Baltimore and some in Philadelphia. The oldest date back to 1905. Our Baltimore hand-built Hilborne Roosevelt organ was built just blocks from the church by the cousins of Theodore and Franklin Roosevelt one hundred and twenty years ago. The Baltimore-based Joshua Register Foundry made the large bell that hangs in our lovely atrium. One can read the dedication on the bell in German from one of the atrium windows.
There have only been 8 pastors in the 150 years. Their pictures hang in our history hall along with scenes from Martini’s past. These men with the help of their congregation have built many more Missouri Synod Churches as close as St Thomas Lutheran Church in southwest Baltimore and as far away as Immanuel Lutheran Church in Preston, Maryland. Martini is still helping struggling city churches through the Wyneken Project.
We will celebrate the 150th year the cornerstone from the old church was laid this September. In November, we will remember the anniversary of the dedication of our new church 40 years ago. We joined with all Lutherans when we will celebrate the 500th-year Anniversary of the Reformation this October.